The quality of your photo determines how successful you are in fundraising on Kiva. A great photo could mean the difference between a loan that fully funds and one that doesn't!
The photo is the most important part of your application, it’s the first thing lenders look at when deciding who to make a loan to. Borrowers with poor photos fundraise slowly. In order to fundraise on Kiva, your photo must meet the following criteria:
- You (the owner) must be in the picture (do not only show a photo of eg. your shop). We will not approve your loan without you in the photo.
- Your photo must clearly show your business.
- NO selfies, head shots, logos, or photoshopped images!
- In addition, horizontal orientation and clear/bright photos tend to be the best.
Why these Are poor photos:
- They are a headshot
- They are low resolution
- They do not show the borrower's business
- They do not show the borrower
Why there are good photos:
- They have good lighting
- The people in the pictures are smiling
- They show the borrowers' businesses